Monday, March 21, 2016

Don't drive pizza-hungry

Hola y'all!

This week was too good! So first an update on the extra 50 miles a month for having the cleanest car in the mission: we still haven't heard back. We figured that meant we didn't win, but we texted Elder Mecham (the vehicle coordinator) a couple days ago and asked if they had decided yet and he said he was still waiting to hear who the winner from the Charleston zone was. We have a chance! Keep praying, preferably to Heavenly Father, but if you're Buddhist that works too 😊

South Carolina moment of the week: there's this intersection on the edge of town that the freeway exits into, and there's like a divider in the middle between the lanes. All these cars were sitting at a red light, and we were on exchanges so me and Elder Browne were with our bikes waiting to cross. Out of nowhere we hear this loud scraping sound and we see a lady DRIVING OVER THE DIVIDER and then she cuts right across all the cars that are actually in the lanes they're supposed to be in. It was the weirdest thing ever. We saw her face too, she was definitely doing this on purpose. Who is that desperate to get a little ahead of traffic???? She turned on the road we went onto, so we saw where she went. She stopped at Pizza Hut. I don't blame her. They've got an all-you-can-eat pizza and salad buffet for $5.99! All day long!

Transfers are this week and I am staying here in Simpsonville. No surprise, I'm only halfway through training. It's super pretty upstate in the spring. There are tons of trees of course and they're all green, but then there's these trees whose flowers bloomed this week and they are bright white. It's so cool looking, I tried to take a picture but it just doesn't look as cool. Springtime is here though! It was 80 degrees 2 days ago, and it's 48 right now. So that's fun, it's like Utah weather! One of the sisters from our district is leaving their little 3-pack, which is sad. They brought me sloppy joes last night and give us Advil so they hold a special place in my stomach. I don't think Sister Malo is taking the advil with her so it's not that b of a d.

Today is my 62nd day since I reported to the MTC, and my 48th day in-field. That means I have exactly 666 days left, no joke! 😱😈👿 Beware Satan's influence, it really is everywhere!

Elder Robison and I had a great week, we finally feel like we weren't just put here on accident! Replacing Spanish elders and essentially reopening an area is hard but we're finally seeing things pay off. We got a new ward mission leader and a bunch of new ward missionaries, plus a bunch of members are suddenly super pumped to help with missionary work! Heck yeah! There's one member in particular, Brother Buffington, who is a stud. His son just came back from a mission speaking Spanish in NYC and their whole family is awesome. He drove us around for hours yesterday trying Bible referrals and only got more pumped as time went on.

I wish I could write more or even think of more but I'm out of time. I guess anything I don't write in my emails y'all can just read in my journal two years from now because I haven't missed a single day. Lots of gross details for everyone to enjoi.

As always feel free to email me throughout the week and have a wonderful Easter. Remember Jesus was a big stud and he did a lot for everyone. The price has already been paid, we just need to take
advantage of it! 😁😁

❤️👔🍓

 Sent from the Lord's iPad

Also I have attached a picture of my companion deep in thought



No comments:

Post a Comment