Tuesday, November 8, 2016

๐ŸŒFore! (-ty eight days till Christmas) ๐ŸŽ„

Hola y'all!

Do you hear what I hear? Is that the Christmas music that's been building up on my missionary flash drive, free at last to be blasted in our apartment and our Corolla? Yes. I managed to fight off the Christmas spirit until Halloween this year, I usually get struck around September. It's not a choice, I was born this way. But Elder Green, who took my place in Surfside, is enough of a Scrooge pre-Thanksgiving that he managed to keep me in check. But now I can't hold it in. Jesus was born and I'm going to let all of Myrtle Beach know!!!

Sorry to leave you in suspense, but our baptism ended up not happening. We're still trying to figure it out but everything happens for a reason. People will make the dive when they're ready!

On the good side of things, we found two new investigators this week! That's a big deal for us, because those are the only two investigators we've gotten our whole time in the South Myrtle Beach area. We've been here 9 weeks in case you haven't been counting like I do. And we got both within two days of each other, completely unrelated! Don't know what we're doing right all of a sudden but I hope it doesn't stop. Now only two in over two months, that sounds like our mission is pretty hard. Not necessarily, other areas in the mission pull in better numbers than that. What do they have that we don't? They don't have me as the senior companion! They have someone good making all the decisions.

But obviously I am learning how to be a missionary because we've been doing things lately! So don't feel bad for me, the Lord qualifies those he calls. Moses had a speech impediment, but he was still able to say L-L-L-Let my p-p-people go!

We're doing pretty good over here at the Grand Strand (that's what they call the string of cities from North Myrtle Beach to Murrells Inlet), there's so many putt putt places here that we decided we had to try one. For p-day today we went to the highest rated putt putt golf place in Myrtle Beach: Mount Atlanticus Minotaur Goff. It's incredible, it looks really cool even from the outside, it's in my area so I've driven past it probably hundreds of times. But we decided to go today. It turns out they give discounts to church groups! Good thing we announced ourselves as representatives of Jesus Christ, otherwise they might have made us pay full price! It's awesome there's two 18-hole courses and there's no one there in November. We had a gr8 time, if I get transferred at the end of November we're probably going again.

We carved pumpkins at a member's house last Sunday but I'm pretty embarrassed by how mine turned out so here's a picture of the seeds getting toasted instead

 

No comments:

Post a Comment