Monday, October 24, 2016

Just because it has flowers on it doesn't mean it's good

Hola y'all!

One of the best ways to start out your week as a missionary is to have your scripture knowledge tested by a member of the Seventy. This last Saturday and Sunday we had stake conference, and we got to hear from Elder Eduardo Gavarret of the Seventy at all 3 sessions (leadership, adult, and general). And the best part by far was when, during the leadership session he was talking about teaching and learning by the Spirit. He stepped down from the pulpit and was addressing us from the front of the pews. I was sitting on the end of the front row.

He started down between the pews and stood right next to me. He placed his hand on my shoulder pretty firmly while he was talking. I figured the trial was over but no. He asked where in the Doctrine and Covenants it talks about being edified. It took me a second before I realized he was asking me specifically. I knew exactly what verses he was referring to, it's one of my favorite scriptures. But I did not know the name of the section! He gave me a second and I clearly couldn't figure it out. He said it was section 50 and he asked me if that's what I was going to say and I said yes sir. I will for sure not forget that section from now on. He was a cool guy, we got to take a picture with him as a zone.

Money is such a struggle as a missionary. I have to resist the urge every week to not buy a bunch of nice ties. My floral tie collection has grown a lot on my mission but mostly by luck, I haven't really spent much on them. But yeah sometimes I see some sweet Tommy Hil or Calvin Klein and I want them but I always get sense talked into me. By far the greatest advice of any kind received on my  mission is, "just because there's flowers on it doesn't mean it's good". True poetry πŸ€‘πŸ€‘πŸŒΊπŸŒΈπŸŒΌ

We've got our investigator, Jimbo preparing for baptism. This will be Elder Edwards's first baptism and actually mine too haha  Hopefully next week we will have pictures from the baptism! Everyone
pray he makes it!!!

Ok well that's all I can think of writing about, see ya next week on Spooky-ween! Missionaries are on lockdown for the evening, I guess people think we're in costumes or something

Oh yeah something cool happened today, our cashier at Walmart had the last name of Bible! She's catholic but we were all Mormon before we came here and we will all be Mormon when we leave πŸ˜‰

"I feel like I'm too busy making history to read it."  — Kanye West
 πŸ’™πŸ‘”πŸ“
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment