Monday, August 1, 2016

"Apply Sonscreen to prevent Sinburn" — Socastee Baptist Church

Hola y'all!

This week's been tough, but that's ok! I think the heat officially singed my nerve endings, because I think I've gotten used to it. I've taken 13 showers in the last week. I never thought I would measure the success of a day based on whether or not I had to change my clothes because of sweat. There was only one day this last week where that happened (yesterday), every other day I had to change.

I don't really know what else to say, the elephant from last week was so interesting we're going back to that neighborhood tonight to see if we can see it again.

This area makes you really miss the world sometimes. Like why aren't I allowed to go to Calabash Seafood Buffet and see the live mermaids? But usually this area just makes you glad you're not a part of the world, like when you hear about all the murders and human trafficking going on right under your sunburned nose. I'm learning to really appreciate the spiritual environment that can only be found in missionary service. It'll be gone before I know it. Sometimes you can literally feel the Hand of God placing you somewhere you need to be. Other times you have to lift 3 couches up the stairs to a second floor apartment and you feel like crap. Disneyworld may be almost 9 hours away but every day as a missionary is a roller coaster ride.

Thursday is my birthday, and Friday is my companion's year mark. So we're going to party hard! We have a zone meeting on Friday so we'll probably go somewhere cool for lunch. Maybe Hard Rock Cafe. It's expensive but we've gotta go at least once! It's going to be demolished soon. Apparently it's literally sinking into the ground. That's what happens when you don't build your foundation on Christ. So much sin everywhere

Well ok my spiritual thought for this week is 2 Nephi 2:11. We need obstacles in life, how can we succeed if we have nothing to overcome?
K peace and enjoy my birthday without me 🎂🎂🎂

❤️👔🍓

No comments:

Post a Comment